Friday, January 17, 2014

Top Five Beauty Tips

Hello folks, now it feels like its been forever since I've written a post even though it hasn't even been two weeks. Its probably because I've been so busy starting back with Sixth Form and everything, plus my laptop has broken so I've had to use my mom's for today while she's at work. Now I thought I'd write a post about my Top Five Beauty Tips because I've been really lazy with my skin and hair routine over the past few months; I think that if I post and physically release it into the world then I have absolutely NO excuse. So, lets get started!

  • The first tip is to always condition thoroughly; now I have really frizzy hair and I've always sort of complained about it but never done anything about it. I've looked online and saw that some things that are supposed to be really good, are also REALLY expensive. Now, this was an accident actually but I used the biggest handful of conditioner ever and it actually worked. My hair started to become less frizzy which meant that my curls hung more; this makes my hair look a lot longer than it actually is which I think looks so much better. Now the conditioner I use is the Tresemme Salon Silk Conditioner which isn't for any particular reason than that my mom bought that one. I really like it because it makes my hair feel really soft and smooth. It also smells nice as well which is a bonus.

  • My second tip is to always use lip balm; I've only just started using it regularly which is awful. I bought some lip balm and then I was given Nivea lip set for Christmas; I use it every single day, sometimes even twice a day. I hate thinking about the way my lips used to bleed because of how cracked they were, it was absolutely vile. I love the way my lips feel now though, because they just feel plump and lovely. Its just great.

  • The third tip is to use Vaseline as a makeup remover; now I had been using makeup wipes which aren't the best for your eyes and they can irritate your skin. Plus, they don't always remove things like eyeliner and mascara which means that if you shower, you can get 'panda eyes'. I put Vaseline on my eyelashes after looking it up online because I wanted them to grow longer and thicker. Then I found out that if you swipe a cotton bud across your lash line, it removes the makeup so much easier and avoids any gunk that will clog up in your eyes.

  • The fourth tip is to always moisturise; I always moisturise my face using the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser because it just makes my skin feel soft and refreshed. I do it after I cleanse and before I do my makeup. I use it because of the fact that it gives my face a certain glow which makes my foundation look better. Plus, I do it at night before I go to bed but using Nivea Soft Refreshingly Moisturising Cream because it isn't as shiny as my morning one. I don't know where I bought my morning moisturiser, I feel like I've just had loads of makeup items and things that I've only started using recently... how strange. I don't have so much as a regular routine for my body moisturiser as I have loads of bottles from beauty sets from Christmases and birthdays. I usually just use the matching moisturiser with the shower gel because it feels really wrong to use a peach-scented soap with a chocolate-flavoured lotion. I mean, ew.

  • My last and final tip is to always look online when plucking your eyebrows; everybody has them but not everyone knows how to style them properly. Point being ME, circa 2010. I had never really bothered with my eyebrows until I was about 12 or so but when I look back at old photos of me from before that, I wish someone had plucked them properly because they are absolutely awful. Now for about a year or so perhaps, I didn't really do much with them apart from slightly pluck between them and underneath. However, around year 9 I began to take more interest and started plucking them intensely. The word 'over-pluck' is definitely not the word because I went from having quite large brows to the thinnest line of hair ever. They were absolutely ridiculous, I mean, I have a huge head, I'm not going to lie, which made it even worse. They took about a YEAR AND A HALF to grow back completely and ever since then, I have carefully thought out how often I pluck my eyebrows and where I do it. Over the last few weeks, I've been trying to fill out my left eyebrow because it doesn't match my right eyebrow (its such a fuss I tell you). I've been using guides online to try to shape to the best of my ability and its sort of working I guess. My advice for anyone thinking of plucking their eyebrows is to look online first and see the best way to do it because trust me, you will regret it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment