Friday, February 20, 2015

REVIEW: 'Style' by Taylor Swift

I have to start by saying that 'Style' is my absolute favourite song from Taylor Swift's latest album '1989' and so I have been looking forward to the music video for MONTHS. It's only been out for a week and I thought I would write a review of it to get me back into the swing of blogging again. I went through a whole phase when the album came out of literally just playing Style and Blank Space back and forth over and over again (I do that with a lot of music, it's just a sign of me LOVING it which I have been).
The music video is quite different to what I thought it was going to be but in a good way. I mean, you can tell it's incredibly well directed because the concepts are very artistic and it uses a lot of light to fade into different scenes. The video very much reminds me of a lot of the Polaroid style photos that Taylor released alongside '1989' which I thought was really cool and beautiful. I also think as well it was very smart of her to not really a story line with the video, especially since that featured very heavily in 'Blank Space', her previous music video.
Like I've said before, I don't really watch music videos mainly because I'm always busy doing something while I listen. However, I do make sure to watch a video at least once in order to review it and as you've noticed, I only review music videos I like and Taylor Swift has just had some really good ones recently. I've always liked her music but I feel like in the last year or so, she has been absolutely INCREDIBLE. I've seen a few of her performances online and I just feel like she's owning the music industry right now.

If you have any recommendations for videos that I should write about then leave a comment underneath.

UPDATE JANUARY 2015

Love, Tayla xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment