Tuesday, March 04, 2014

'Cupcake' Inspired Nail Art

As you know, I do like to paint my nails in different styles and colours, always making sure that they are simple and quick to do because I cannot be bothered to spend hours (and it would take me hours) to perfect my nails. This design is so EASY and I really really like it, this is only the second time I've done it and I've had compliments on them both times so if you want to add a little sparkle then keep on reading.

I was going to do a French Manicure but my nails naturally are really orange for some reason, and its not because of any nail polish that I've worn before because they're always like that. So, I've tried loads of times before to do it but the French Pink doesn't suit my skin tone so I decided to change it up a little bit to suit me.

I started off by putting a white nail polish on my tips and tried to make them as even and straight as possible. Don't worry if you can't get it as neat as you would like because it doesn't really show up as bad using this design. Now I usually do 2 coats just because it looks better when its one solid tone rather than being able to see my nails underneath.

Then I use my Elegant Touch Rapid Dry for Nails just to set it because even though, the colour is just on my tips, I do still manage to smudge them.

I then do 2 coats of the Barry M Pink Iridescent 264, you can get away with one coat if you want but as I mentioned, you can see my oddly orange nails under so I tend to use 2. It also provides that little extra bit of glitter which I like as well. What I have found with this colour is that since its a basically clear nail polish with sparkles in, its not as obvious when it chips and so lasts that little bit longer than ordinary nail polish.

And that's it. You can use the drying spray if you want but I never do since its sort of a waste and the Barry M dries it pretty quickly. Its the easiest nail design EVER, it really is.


Feel free to check out my last blog post: The Mysterious Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment