Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Mysterious Cupboard

It doesn't matter where you live or who you are, there will be a place in your house that you never open or go in because its just full of clutter. Now of course, it depends on the type of person you are as to how big that place is, but even if you are the tidiest, most organised person, you WILL have one. It might be a drawer, a cupboard or even a room in my case, and you might have multiple of them, I know I do.

A Bratz bag? I was definitely
the height of fashion
Now, at the top of our stairs, we have a room. A small box room, not even big enough for a bed and for as long as I can remember its been full to the brim of 'stuff'. Board games, old TV's, dolls, basically my entire childhood. I've wanted to sort it out for years yet my mom has always said to just "leave it alone". I don't know why she decided to do it this half term, she just did - she's very impulsive, my mother. She bought loads of large plastic containers and vacuum bags, then got to work. I helped her for a few hours but every teddy, toy and tacky trinket turned into a 'lets reminisce about me as a baby' and I just couldn't handle that. I also left because I could sense an argument coming since I wanted to get rid of pretty much everything yet my mom didn't. She kept things that she remembered me playing with, even if I didn't, and chucked things I remembered and she didn't. So I think it was more about her thinking about my childhood rather than it being my memories. I was fine with that I guess, but she said she wanted a 'spring clean' but she hardly got rid of anything.

I think it was sort of symbolic for her though, obviously when she sees me every single day, she doesn't realise that I've grew up. I think she forgets that next year I'll be 18 and I'll be moving out to start my own life. I think that its only just started to become real for her, especially since my family have moved round the corner and so we see my younger cousins all the time. My youngest cousin is just about to turn 1 and so my mom has been enjoying buying him new things, I think she likes spoiling him because I don't want toys anymore and I think she misses that, especially since she never had a boy. She likes buying clothes and stuff for my other cousins as well which I think is cool.

Feel free to check out my last blog post: REVIEW: 'Midnight Memories' by One Direction

2 comments:

  1. hey! love your blog :) would you like to follow for a follow? just let me know on my blog heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! I would love too :)

    ReplyDelete