Sunday, March 23, 2014

UPDATE MARCH 2014

When 2014 started, I made a promise to myself to post on this blog AT LEAST once a week. And that hasn't really worked out, has it? But I am trying, I really am. Sixth Form has just been so overwhelming I can't even deal with it right now. It's just a constant stream of work that "won't let up" as my Nan would say. To add to that, my Maths class has had to do extra lessons, both an hour at lunchtime and an hour and a half after school, since we're behind. So woop-dee-frickin'-doo.

Now, I've been very focused on trying to complete all of my work, revise and do EXTRA. That's right, I've been doing my wider reading for English, filling out old past papers for Maths and re-writing essays for Sociology. I just think that it'll give me the best chance for my exams which is pretty much the ONLY thing that I'm focused on at the moment.

We were given our exam timetable a few weeks ago and it really just put everything into perspective, I mean, my first exam is in just over 8 weeks. That's right. 8 WEEKS. That's hardly any time at all and I'm starting to get really nervous. I think what makes it worse is that people are literally dropping out of Sixth Form every other week and that scares me. The classes are getting smaller and smaller and tensions are running pretty high. Its hit that point in the year where even teachers are starting to get a little bit stressed: at both those who are working to get the best grades possible and those who are wasting everyone's time, mine included.

Another thing that worries me is that in pretty much all of my subjects (English, Maths, Psychology and Sociology; with General Studies being compulsory), we are so close to finishing the module. There's probably 3 weeks work of actual lessons left before we're done and that means that we'll be doing exam prep in next to no time. Pray for me, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment