Friday, May 02, 2014

REVIEW: 'You and I' by One Direction

Now usually I am pretty much up to date with pop culture I guess, most of the time because I see it trending on Twitter or because I read magazines and things like that. But this one sort of surprised me for some reason, I mean, when I heard that One Direction had released their new music video, I didn't go and watch it straight away. As you know, I am a big fan of One Direction and so it was pretty odd for me. But when I finally did see it, I liked it.

I am of course talking about 'You and I' by One Direction which was released on VEVO on the 18th of April 2014. That was just over a week ago and its almost got 18 MILLION views. I mean, its absolutely insane, it really is.


The video has a simple kind of idea I guess, it starts off with each of the boys individually morphing into each other as they walk along a pier. I don't actually know what the official technical term is but there was a bit of controversy in the last week or so, because apparently One Direction stole this type of special effect from an Australian boyband. Now I'm not being funny but I've never even heard of them and plus they probably didn't even have any part of directing the video. I mean, come on. By the way, Ben Winston was the director of 'You and I' and I think he did a really good job. He also directed 'Best Song Ever', 'Story of My Life' and 'Midnight Memories'.

You can also read my other One Direction music video reviews below:
REVIEW: Story of My Life
REVIEW: Midnight Memories


Overall, I REALLY like the video, I think they all look really good throughout and I really like the song in general. The instrumental melody sounds great, something about a guitar is just beautiful, it really is. Anyway, they sound really good together and Zayn's high note at the end was just PERFECT. If you haven't heard it then you definitely should. Its an absolute treat to the ears and the EYES. Now if you want to watch the video yourself then click here:


Check out my last blog post: April Favourites 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment