Saturday, July 12, 2014

Higher Education Fair

Last Friday, my Sixth Form organised a school trip to a Higher Education Fair at a local university. Now it didn't take long to get there, only about an hour or so, which I was pleased about because I get absolutely terrible travel sickness. We left at about half 11 which I didn't really care about until we actually got there and saw how many stalls there were.

There was at least a hundred university representatives there to ask questions to but to be honest, I wasn't really focused on that. Any places that I want to go to, I have already looked online on the websites and know everything that I need to know about that specific courses, campuses or universities. While I was there, a lot of people tried to get me to order prospectuses even though I've already got loads, so I was generally just helping my friends talk to people.

The absolutely best thing about the day was all the free stuff we got, I mean it was AMAZING; I literally collected 8 pens, about a dozen chocolates and a wristband. As soon as the bus pulled up to the gates, we saw masses of people walking out of the halls with BAGS of free things and I almost died with excitement.

There was also a Careers Hall that we went in for a few minutes but it wasn't that good to be honest. I mean, there was only a few stalls which weren't really that interesting and so we left pretty much straight away.

The only downside of the day was that we weren't actually told where all the stalls were and so we spent the large majority of the time in the Main Hall without realising that the Sports Hall, which was literally on the other side of the campus, was filled as well. This means that we weren't able to see every uni stall before we left since we were only there for 2 and a half hours.

But overall it was a good day and I think it was really beneficiall for people who haven't really looked at unis and wanted a little bit of guidance. I know that they hold the fairs at loads of different unis across the country all throughout the year so if you are looking at going into Higher Education, then I would recommend going to one because I think its a good experience. You can have a look online at the remaining events right HERE.



Check out my last blog post: French Manicure Nail Tutorial - where I give you easy step by step instructions on how to achieve simple yet beautiful nails

No comments:

Post a Comment