Saturday, October 18, 2014

Open Days: The University of Lincoln

I visited my second university which was Lincoln and I have to start off by saying that I really thoroughly enjoyed it. I've already done a lot of research into the courses that I like but I've wanted to visit their Open Day to get a feel for the university. I think that this day was probably better than my day at Salford because I planned everything that I wanted to see. It also meant that I knew what times I had to get there for and how long certain things would take.

We left at about 10am because my Psychology talk started at 12pm and I knew it took just over an hour and a half to get there. However, we actually didn't make it in time because there was absolutely crazy traffic just trying to get into the city of Lincoln as well as loads of road works along the way. We missed it by about 15 minutes but by the time I had registered and things, I really just didn't see the point in going and having to walk in late.

We went to see the Psychology stalls but we only spoke to one person because I was a little bit intimidated. I mean, there were so many student reps and lecturers to talk to but because there weren't a lot of visitors speaking to them, I didn't want to be the only one there and have everyone crowded round me. Besides, I already knew a lot about the courses because I had looked at them online and decided which one would be best for me, which is the Psychology with Clinical Psychology course. Now, I want to do clinical or abnormal Psychology but I didn't want to get a degree in just that when I could change my mind. I wanted to get a general Psychology degree and then focus in on whatever I really enjoyed for my Masters. However, after researching Psychology at Lincoln University, I was more attracted to the Clinical Psychology course because there are several modules about mental health, which is what I am interested in.


Then we went to lunch and both me and my mom had fish and chips; I was actually surprised at how good they tasted because I actually don't eat any seafood. The only thing that really annoyed me was that while we were eating, I'm pretty sure I saw a girl who went to my high school who I HATED. I really hope that if I do decide to go there then she doesn't because I just can't stand the thought of seeing her every day. I know she probably won't be on my course but it would just ruin everything.

Now the next thing we did was go on the walking campus and accommodation tour. I really liked the student rooms because they were a lot bigger than I thought that they would be. We spoke to this really nice girl in one of the buildings that only houses first year students, and she said that she was loving Lincoln university. Obviously she's a bit biased but I really enjoyed looking round the place. We also went and saw the Sports Centre they have and it was so good. I'm not exactly the exercise type but its nice to know that I could particiate in it if I wanted to. We were going to go round the entire campus but we realised that it would just go back round in a circle and there was nothing else that we needed to see, so we went home.

Overall, I really enjoyed the University of Lincoln because I just felt like it catered to everything that I would need. My mom actually loved it as well, I mean she spoke every few minutes about how great I would fit in here. It didn't really bother me because I did enjoy it as well and I could see myself living and studying there.

The University of Lincoln: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/


You can read my last post here: September Favourites  - where I write about everything I was enjoying last month

No comments:

Post a Comment