Thursday, June 20, 2013

I like TV alright? Get over it.

Now I'm a big fan of TV, I like to watch different types of shows because in a way, they are an extraordinary escape from my average life. The characters lead strange lives and do weird things that I wish I had the opportunity to do.

One of my favourite shows for example, is Doctor Who and to many of my friends, it does surprise them that I have even seen it let alone have it on a 'series link'. This is because I like Keeping Up With The Kardashians just as much. I don't know why I like it, but I do. I'm absolutely obsessed with that family, probably because I know I will never live a life as glamorous as they do. They get a lot of negative attention from the press about what they do and I understand it why its not to everyone's taste, but like I said, I love it. Most people don't have the money to do the things that they do which is why I suggest watching the show as a way of indulging yourself, because if they want to fly to a country, they fly in style on a PRIVATE JET (the way the other half live, eh).



Another show I love is The Big Bang Theory, I have been a fan from the start and I will continue watching to the very end. I watch basically all the shows on E4: How I Met Your Mother (I'm so upset that this is the second to last series), 2 Broke Girls, The New Normal etc. I think they provide not only comedy and a well written script but half an hour of escapism from the tedious tasks of everyday life.




As a 15 year old, I am constantly mocked by my friends because of my love of soaps. They are nationally loved in the UK by pretty much everyone. It's fully instilled into my 'weekly television viewing' and I always make sure not to miss my favourite shows: Eastenders, Coronation Street and Hollyoaks. I'm completely enthralled in the programmes, I love hating the baddies and shout at the TV in delight when the perfect couple finally get together after months of anticipation.
 
TV is a form of art that I, for one, absolutely love. Some people like to watch football or go to gallery, me? I like to watch programmes that people tend to hate. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment