Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Guilty Secrets Confessed: Music

I like so many different types of music and if you were to look on my phone or my iPod, you would find an entire glossary of sound. I admit that I did once ask my mom to buy me the soundtrack to Camp Rock and I played it on repeat. I'm not even kidding. REPEAT. I did this with Justin Bieber as well; I went through a sort of phase, right back in 2010, when I thought he was kind of good. I have a few of his songs that I still listen to and I think they're pretty decent, to be honest. Please don't judge me.

Even as a child, I have always listened to music; my mom used to play different CD's when she was cleaning or cooking. She played things like Destiny's Child, ABBA and Shania Twain (she takes great pleasure in telling my friends that I used to walk around the house singing Man I Feel Like A Woman - to my defence I was only 2 years old when the song came out, like I said, no judgement).

Now I have a really varied taste of music; I did used to love Chart music the best but now I feel like music in the charts isn't really that good lately so now I just sort of listen to whatever I want. Whether it's One Direction (who, as you know, I love intensely) or Eminem, I really love them. I sort of have no shame when it comes to admitting what music I listen to; I still listen to the Spice Girls every now and then because I used to absolutely idolise them as a child. I wished I was THEM. Wannabe is my favourite Spice Girls song and I don't care.

I often download songs that are from adverts because they have been stuck in my head or the theme song of a TV show. It's strange as well because apart from One Direction, I don't really have full albums because I usually only like a handful of songs from that particular artist or group. I don't mind admitting that I like We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus and I do still like Taylor Swift even though I'm a Directioner, so sue me.

Lately I've been 'expanding my music comfort zone' if you will, by listening to songs by YouTubers. I really like Shane Dawson's songs and I have a few on my phone, I love Sweet Sweet Melody by Katie Sky as well, if you don't know who she is- look it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GPbV7Nl6s4

I also listened to Rebecca Black's covers and I have to say, she's a really good singer. I know people still give her hate over Friday but that was a long time ago now, get over it.

Music is subjective because its emotive. Its supposed to invoke something inside you that makes you want to embarrass yourself, whether its through your stupid singing or silly dance moves. So to all the people hiding their guilty secrets when it comes to music, I say EMBRACE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment