Thursday, November 07, 2013

REVIEW: 'Story of My Life' by One Direction

I wouldn't call myself a 'fan-girl' but One Direction have just released a brand new single called the Story of My Life and I just LOVE it. Its so gooooooooooood (can I just say that Harry's vocals in the song sound amazing? He will always be my favourite). Its probably the best song One Direction have ever done, it sounds so much more mature since What Makes You Beautiful and I kind of like that.
The lyrics so beautiful because you can really see how much they've improved in the quality of their song-writing since they started. I think that Ben Winston, the director, really made the music video the best it could possibly be and I'm not afraid to admit it but I did cry.. more than once. I mean, it was just so beautiful. I remember watching them on the X Factor in 2010 and I loved them then. The plot of the video as well is just perfect, it really suits the song and whoever came up with that idea deserves a round of applause.




There was a whole thing on Twitter with 'Directioners' trying to take the Vevo record of the Most Watched Video in 24 hours from Miley Cyrus for Wrecking Ball (you can read that review here) but I don't think they did, or there was some sort of problem with the counting, I don't know. Anyways, I just wanted to write this post because the song has been out officially for 4 days and I really love it; its almost got 21 million views and it's only going to get better for them. They're literally one of the most famous bands in the ENTIRE world with probably the most loyal fan base ever.
 If the Story of My Life is any reflection on the songs on Midnight Memories then I think its going to be a good end of year for the boys. Well done, guys; the song was brilliant.

It took all of my will power to not just post pictures of Harry Styles.. We all saw his Halloween costume.. How ironic.



You can watch the video yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment