Wednesday, February 12, 2014

REVIEW: 'Midnight Memories' by One Direction

There was a lot of anticipation on Twitter over the release of this video and I, as a fan of One Direction, must admit I was looking forward to it. Every music video they've released I've loved but with Midnight Memories, I didn't really like it as much. I played the song a few times before the video came out as I was given the album for Christmas (you can read about that HERE), and it wasn't one of my favourites. If I could pick any song from the album that would be released as a single, it'd be Strong, just because I think its just beautiful.

However even though Midnight Memories is a good song, I  just don't think its great. The music video was a little 'plain' as well, usually I love everything One Direction brings out but this one was sort of a disappointment. It might be because the media released paparazzi photos of them filming in London so we sort of knew what was going to happen. I really wish the press would stop doing that, not just with music videos but films as well, it really ruins everything.

The story of the video was a little strange as well. I mean, it starts at a party where they're all bored because its really uneventful (it reminds me of primary school discos where there was balloons and flashing lights - 'them were the days' as the youth would say). Then the music starts and Harry walks in, looking all sexy, as he does, and so the song goes. They then decide to leave the seemingly dull party and gallivant round London, I mean who doesn't?




Anyway, I just wanted to review the song because its been out for almost two weeks and its almost gotten 18 million views on VEVO which is amazing. I had planned to write it straight away but I had blog posts that I wanted to publish first, then I haven't had time to write anything. This is the only day in ages that I haven't had work to do so I thought I'd take advantage of the situation. I've got a few stock-piled for the next few months which I really hate doing as it just feels like I'm cheating but I am determined to publish at least once a fortnight. Let's hope so.

You can watch Midnight Memories yourself HERE.

Feel free to check out my last blog post: My Morning Skin Routine

No comments:

Post a Comment