Sunday, June 22, 2014

My Favourite Eyeliners 2014

I was going to write about my top five favourite eyeliners but then I thought that it would probably just be a list of liquid eyeliners with one gel eyeliner thrown in for good measure, which wouldn't be very good for people who like pencils for example. Anyway, I thought that the best way to write this post was to speak about my top FAVOURITE pencil, gel and liquid liners. So let's get started!

Pencil Eyeliner:
It didn't take long for me to decide what my favourite pencil eyeliner was, just because I've only tried a few over the years. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of pencil eyeliners because I find that they always rub off onto my lid or smudge and I hate that. For years I used pencils and so I would probably say that my favourite pencil eyeliner is the
Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl in Black. I really like this one because it has a really creamy formula and when you apply it, the eyeliner just glides on without it feeling like you have to drag it across your lid. I also like the intense pigmentation in the pencil, its absolutely brilliant. Plus, its very cheap as well which is also a bonus.



Liquid Eyeliner:
Now I know that I said that I would mention my FAVOURITE liquid eyeliner but I have used so many that I cannot even narrow it down to my favourite. The thing is you see that I have never had a problem with any particular liquid liner, but I always find that they never last very long at all. I've used the Rimmel Scandel Eyes Thick and Thin, L'Oreal Super Liner Luminzer Brown Eyes, the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim and many MANY more, but as good as they are, they always run out after 2 months or so. Now I would recommend them because they are good products overall but I would consider something with more substance, like the Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner.


I have sort of a love-hate relationship with this eyeliner because I think that if you master it then it looks absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, I cannot. It needs a steady hand to perfect the look and patience in case it takes a few tries (both of which I don't have). Even though I don't use it regularly, on the few times that I have wore it, I have been really impressed with the results. I think its better for people who like a thin line of eyeliner and maybe a slight wing if they're feeling fancy. Anyway, I think this is such a good product and if I ever convert back to liquid, then this is definitely my go-to.



Gel Eyeliner:
My favourite gel eyeliner by far is definitely the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in 01 Black, I have spoken about this a few times before but I cannot get over how much I absolutely LOVE it. The first time I wrote about this product was in my November Favourites 2013 and since then, I've probably used it every single day for school and have hardly made a dent in the little pot. Its such an amazing product and once you figure out how to use it then you're SET. A little tip for new users: always make sure that after every time you use the eyeliner brush, squeeze the bristles into a really neat flat point. I know thats probably not the best instructions but trust me, it works so much better. You can make such a smaller, finer line and it just looks better overall, especially in the summer when you might need a softer look. I have to say that this is LITERALLY my favourite eyeliner of all time and I doubt that I will ever buy another one, or need to, because it is just the best product.
 
 
You can read my last blog post: REVIEW: 'Problem' by Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea - where I write about my thoughts on Ariana's latest music video

No comments:

Post a Comment