Saturday, June 28, 2014

UPDATE JUNE 2014

I've offically done 3 full weeks of Year 13 and so far, it hasn't been too bad. Now I don't know if every school does this but mine does because next year, I'll lose 6 weeks when my exams are finished (that makes absolutely no sense but oh well). Anyway, I think I've really settled in to A2; I'm completing all of my work on time and even managing to do a little extra just because I want to be as prepared as possible for next year.

With my English work, I've been making a start on trying to work through my Wider Reading list and I do plan to write a review on The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald some point soon. We've read a lot of short stories in class which all seem to be about repression and domination so I was glad to read a novel which was a bit more upbeat, until the end that is. We're also reading Antony and Cleopatra for our coursework and I've just started Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, can you tell our theme for this year is 'Love Throughout the Ages'?
Maths at A2 seems to be going well also, I mean, we're doing Core 3 now which so far has only really been expanding on things we've already done from Core 1 and Core so I'm quite happy about that. I've had a few pieces of homework but I've managed to do them without any help, so thats really good.

Both Sociology and Psychology have been relatively 'easy' if thats the word. In Psychology, we've had a few 15 mark essays to write but nothing too complicated or difficult so its all good. Sociology has been pretty much the same, we had a few lessons where we had to make a presentation on separate topics and even though my group hasn't presented yet, I have a good feeling about it.

Generally I feel pretty good about starting Year 13 in September, I'm glad my school gives us those extra six weeks before we get our results to try A2 out just because I think its best to understand how the course goes before you decide to drop something.

I also wanted to mention that the Year 13's at my Sixth Form had what they call 'Dress Up Day' where they come to school in fancy dress. Now I remember hearing about it at the start of last year but since it was my first time there, I had no idea what to expect. There was no way I could have predicted the crazy outfits that some people wore, I'm talking Crayola crayons, soldiers, ninjas, Disney princesses, babies (that's right, some boys wore nappies (diapers) and NOTHING else). I have to say though that the weirdest one was a girl who dressed up at Beyonce from the Single Ladies video. I'm talking a black leotard, heels, a massive ring and her hair up in a beehive type thing. It was very odd.

This sparked the discussion between me and my friends about what we would wear next year and honestly, I have no idea. I can't even think about anything past Results Day because I need to know what my grades are, if I need to resit or whether I've just completely failed EVERYTHING. I hope not. Pray for me.


You can read my last blog post: My Favourite Eyeliners 2014 - where I talk about, you guessed it, my FAVOURITE pencil, gel and liquid eyeliner ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment