Tuesday, June 03, 2014

UPDATE MAY 2014

I thought I would write an update about what happened in May because the last few weeks have been pretty intense for me. I've done almost all of my Year 12 exams now, so here's how each of them went.
(A little side note, this will be a long post because I've done 9 exams in total and only have one left, yay!.)

My first exam was my General Studies exam which was pretty good; the questions on the paper were almost insultingly EASY. I mean, "Name three other types of transplants other than kidney transplants"- COME ON. Even a monkey could answer that question. Pretty much everyone wrote, including me, liver, heart and lungs, apart from one person I spoke to who wrote 'Brain'. BRAIN. I really fear for the time my generation is in power, its going to be tough folks.
I also did another General Studies exam a few days later and even though it was more difficult than the first one, I think I did alright. I had to guess a few of the questions because they were about politics and I just couldn't deal with that.

The next exam I did was my Psychology Research Methods exam and to be honest, I can't remember any questions from it. I have been keeping notes on how well my exams went so I could write this post, yet for some reason all I wrote was 'good'. I don't remember it being bad or difficult so I should be okay I guess.
My other Psychology exam, my Core Studies, went really well also, a lot easier than I was expecting. I wasn't too worried for this one, just because I understood the studies really well and the questions on the paper were all pretty easy too.


I was probably the most NERVOUS for my Sociology exams. The first one I did was on Families and Households, and literally the thing that I had revised 20 minutes before the exam came up so that was great. I managed to include lots of information and theorists, with even a few policies as well for good measure, so hopefully I'll get a good grade. After the exam, a few girls and I went to speak to my Sociology teacher about how well it had gone; we just sat in her office speaking and eating sweets until this one girl walked in looking really upset. Obviously we asked her what was wrong and it turns out she did the WRONG questions. She did the first page when we were supposed to do the second page. I don't know what she's going to do but according to my teacher, she may have managed to at least pass. Let's hope so anyway.
The second Sociology exam was called Education with Research Methods and was split into three sections; it was two hours long and I genuinely could have done with another 20 to 30 minutes. I tried every question so I was pretty happy about that but I completely messed up on the last question, just because I ran out of time and couldn't finish it. God damn.
My English was also pretty good, I managed to write 8 pages or so and luckily, the questions were really good. There was plenty of things to write about and so I think I did okay. I did have an odd dream the other day where I thought that I was 45 minutes late to my English exam, even though in reality I had already done it. I'm telling you, its bad enough thinking about exams while awake let alone having to worry about them affecting your subconscious.

My final set of exams were my Maths ones; I did Core 1 on the Tuesday and Core 2 on the Thursday. Now Core 1 went okay, the only questions that I struggled on were 8 and 9, which I think I did try to answer so at least I'll get marks for that.
My Core 2 paper however was by far the WORST exam I've ever done. I literally only had 6 hours of revision before the exam, 4 of which my friend came round to revise with me. It was absolutely terrible, it really really was.I've never left blank pages but I just couldn't do half of the paper because it was so difficult. During the exam, I counted up the marks I would potentially get and that was 30. Out of 72. It was horrific, in the last 10 minutes, I was literally trying to stop myself from crying because it was so bad. Luckily, when I got out of the exam, everyone was talking about how they hardly answered a question and so hopefully, the exam will have a lower grade boundary this year.

But, to avoid any chance of my Core 2 mark bringing down my entire Maths AS Level grade, I worked out that if I were to get almost 100% on my Statistics paper, then I could  COULD get a C at the end of this year. That's all I want and so to get that, I must finish this post right here and start revising again. Wish me luck.


Feel free to check out my last post: May Favourites 2014 - where I talk about things I've been loving in the months of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment