Saturday, August 02, 2014

July Favourites 2014

I've been thinking about the things I've been enjoying lately and so I thought I would write a little post about my July Favourites. Its not going to be too long because I haven't got any new makeup or face products lately since I've broken up for summer. But I have been liking a few other things so sit back and enjoy!


Books:
I've been reading Enduring Love by Ian McEwan over the last few weeks because its on the curriculum for my A2 English course next year. To be honest, at the start of the novel I wasn't too sure about it but the more I read it, the more I get into it. Its about a hot air balloon accident which changes the course of many peoples lives. The main character, Joe, becomes the obsession of another man called Jed, who suffers from De Clerambault Syndrome: a type of delusion in which one person thinks that another person is madly in love with them. Its actually really REALLY interesting reading because I never even knew that it was a real thing before this book and its just really fascinating. I haven't read the end yet because I'm only twelve chapters in but so far, I really like it and would recommend it to anyone.


TV:
NCIS: Los Angeles: I have spoken about this before in my November Favourites last year and I am still absolutely loving it. It is probably my favourite TV show ever and I cannot wait until season 5 comes out on DVD so I can watch it. I've got seasons 1 through 4 and honestly, I watch it REPEATEDLY. The only thing that annoys me about NCIS: LA is that since its an American show, it takes absolutely forever for it to come out here in the UK. Until then, I'm just going to watch it over and over and over again. Oh, I need a life.


Music:
There aren't many new songs that come out that I like, usually just because I don't listen to the charts at all. Most of the time, I just play old songs that have been stuck in my head until another thing comes along. However, two of the songs that I have been playing repeatedly for the last few weeks are Boom Clap by Charli XCX and Ghost by Ella Henderson. I just love them, I really do.

I'd never really heard of Charli XCX until she featured on Fancy with Iggy Azealia which I LOVED as well. I think she's a really good singer and I hope she brings out loads of cool new things.

Ella Henderson on the other hand, I already knew. For those of you who don't live in the UK, she appeared on the X Factor a few years ago and she was absolutely amazing. She's really REALLY young and she has an incredible voice. I think this is her first single and honestly, its just incredible.


Feel free to read my last post: Summer - where I show you a collection of beautiful flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment