Friday, July 19, 2013

A week of summer :)

So here in the UK, we've been having really lovely weather for the last week or so with temperatures reaching almost 30 degrees. Now, that's probably not a lot for those of you who live in warmer countries but for us, its pretty damn rare. We hardly see the sun let alone have it last a full week so everyone is super excited and by excited, I mean crazy.

I can't even count how many topless men I have seen lately and its not a pretty sight. It's always either sweaty old men with grey chest hair and particularly droopy 'moobs', or young scrawny teenagers with their tracksuit bottoms half hanging down their bum. I mean, how attractive. The heat makes everyone a bit mad if I'm being honest, even me. We like to sit outside all day and burn no matter how much we know its going to hurt tomorrow and trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

Another thing that I have noticed is that people tend to spend most of their day outside the pub drinking when really they should be at work. I find that really strange but to each their own I guess. They sit there baking in the sun, clearly suffering in the heat but willing to tolerate it for a 'golden tan'. I've also noticed that the weather tends to change the times when people start drinking alcohol; the local pub has people there at 1 or 2pm, just 'enjoying the sun'. I don't really blame them either, its so rare that we have good weather usually only 3 or 4 days spread out of the entire year.

As a vegetarian (fun fact there for you all), I don't really like the smell of meat cooking but barbeques are completely different. I love the smell because it's just so lovely. People have been spending a lot of time in their gardens which is why I hear the sound of a lawnmower starting every 20 minutes because no one cared about their garden when there was 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Since its really warm, my mother has opened all the windows in the house to 'get a bit of fresh air' but all it does is allow moths, flies and spiders into my house. It's absolutely ridiculous and I can't sleep without removing every last one from my room. I hate them and its one of the worst things about summer.

The last thing is moaning. Now I'm pretty sure its just a British thing because we are a brilliant country full of moaners. Even though we've had such a bad winter, you'd think that we would appreciate the summer more but not really. The first few days were nice but I think some people are fed up now; its different when its sunny at home because usually people escape to other countries for their weather where you can relax. Since you still have to work and cope with everyday life, the heat can become a nuisance. But who am I to complain? Oh wait, I have been:)

Have a great summer or winter depending on where you are, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment