Friday, July 05, 2013

Work Experience: Day Four

In the morning I was in Customer Services and because it was quite busy, I was given a quick introduction about what they do there. I met a lovely woman called Sam who showed me what I was supposed to do on Customer Collections. I went straight over there and had to do the first hour by myself because apparently all partners were busy and Sam had to work on the phone. It was actually really boring for the first part until Maria came over and helped me. We talked for a few hours, casually chatting to customers that came to the desk to collect their parcels. The last half an hour was so busy that as soon as we signed or stamped a parcel, another person came and we had to find the package in the stockroom all over again.

I did Fixtures and Fittings in the afternoon with a man called Phil but there wasn't a lot to do apart from re-stocking and organising pillows and cushions. I sorted out everything and had to find it in the stockroom. I quickly learnt how to do orders but I didn't get to do any myself as Phil had to deal with a customer who wanted custom-made curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment