Thursday, July 04, 2013

Work Experience: Day Three

The Work Experience woman had a day off so we were with a man called Dan instead; I was really surprised with his voice because he started talking with an English accent then ended sentences with an American twang. It sort of caught me off guard but I could tell Will was actually really shocked. We had a meeting in the morning where we basically talked about the week so far then we were sent to the correct sections of the store.

Me and Maria met with our Careers Counsellor from school to discuss how we were going. He seemed happy for us, he even said that "we were doing the school proud" which was nice. He also filled out our Work Experience Diaries we had been given; he said that he would also come in on Friday to write Alice's diary (because she was in London for a singing exam). That would be the third time he would have came in during a five day period; he means well but he's very intense.

I worked in Linen in the morning where I met a wonderful man called Nigel. We organised the shelves and then I helped a woman called Sue scan items to make price tickets for the displays. I also re-folded some towels because I was getting a bit bored. Oh well. John Lewis takes pride in the display of products.

Me and Maria went to Asda to buy lunch where we ended up doing some damage. I don't mean physical damage, we didn't go in and trash the place, we just spend a lot of money on sweets and biscuits (not very healthy but we felt like it).

I spent the afternoon in the Furniture section, the women there were absolutely lovely. I helped to wrap a table in bubble wrap so it could be sent off for delivery which was okay. There wasn't really much to do after that so we went around the section and tidied up the room layouts; we then sorted out the samples. One of the women seemed really apologetic that she didn't have much for me to do but to be honest, I was perfectly happy sitting on the most perfectly, comfiest mattress known to man. It was like sitting on a cloud. After standing up all day, it was actually a relief to sit down for the last part of the shift.

We were supposed to have a final catch-up with Dan but he was in a meeting so me, Maria and Dan sat in the PDR eating our food just talking about the day. We finished and left without seeing him; so how will day three go?

No comments:

Post a Comment