Sunday, July 28, 2013

#RoyalBaby

Congratulations to Kate and William for their beautiful baby boy: Prince George Alexander Louis!!!

Even though I am a really big fan of The Royal Family, I decided to write this post because I was talking to my friend and she didn't really understand the hype around the baby. I had to explain a lot of things like the Commonwealth and 'direct succession' but finally she got it. I know a lot of people don't like the monarchy and I'm not saying you should.


However, not only do I think that they are an amazing family who do amazing things, but I really think that they are good people. This baby means a lot to my generation especially because I can say to my grandchildren that I remember the day the King was born. It wasn't a particularly special day, not to me anyway. I'd spent the day with my family and came home to find out that The Royal Baby had been born. I didn't automatically think about the money or the power the baby already has, but I thought about the fact that he represents the future of Britain. My future. And yours. When he becomes King, and he will, think about the life that you might have. You might be married to the love of your life, have the career you always wanted and the family you dreamed of. Just think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment