Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Work Experience: Day Two

The second day of work experience was so much better than the first day. I started the day doing Stockroom Management, which is basically sorting out products and re-stocking the shelves onto the shop floor. I absolutely loved the morning because the people who worked in the stockroom were kind and funny, plus I got to organise stock (trust me, if you knew me, you'd understand how much that interests me). I also scanned deliveries that people had ordered to get them onto the store's system (that was cool, I got to use a super high-tech scanning gun).

Me and Maria went to lunch at McDonald's (a classy establishment I know), I only bought chips whereas she spent about a fiver on food. We made it back in time for the afternoon shift to find Alice in the PDR, the partners dining room; Will was at Wimbledon watching the tennis (alright for some, eh?)

The afternoon was also pretty good as well, I worked on the shop floor and again re-stocked kitchen appliances for the Electrical section. There wasn't really much to do because Will did it the day before so I shadowed a guy called James while he was talking to customers. I learnt how to use the system for ordering products out of stock and the till, it was actually really fascinating.

Overall, it was quite a good day, I was very much involved in the 'stock' side of things which was interesting because there's a lot of separate pieces of information that you have to retain. So, what will day three bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment